About

Starcraftfanstories.blogspot.com is a fan blog, presenting stories which involve characters, artwork and scenery from Blizzard's Starcraft. This is pure fan fiction and I do not intend to publish any of this as I do not have any official license. The main purpose of the blog is to entertain Starcraft fans throughout a series of stories which revolve over the though life simple marines have in the war against The Dominion and The Zerg..

All trademarks are registered to Blizzard Entertainment. All rights reserved to them.

Chapter X is the last chapter of the novel. I really hope you enjoyed reading it.

joi, 30 septembrie 2010

Chapter III: Live Together, Die Alone



Somewhere on the surface of TarKosia
02:44 Local Hour

*Mutalisks can be heard attacking and nozzles can be seen lighting up the surroundings*

Corporal Timothy „Sandman” Banks
„Stay down! Those mutas can rip off your head!”

Prv. Joe “Slick” Astor
„What’s you’re name, Private?” *looking at an injured marine*

Prv. Vladimir Cebirsev
„Cebirsev, Vladimir. Private of Marine Squadron 12.”

Prv. Joe “Slick” Astor
„Are you okay? Any signs of injury?”

Prv. Vladimir Cebirsev
„I think I’m alright. But my exoskeleton is pretty damaged. I cannot move any of my hands or legs. The motor relays must be cut off from main power. I got a bump on my head. I don’t think I’m bleeding...” *trying to move*

*radio static is heard*

Captain Samuel „The Dog” Shepperd  
„... evac... I repeat: the zone is too hot for immediate evac. Hang tight. Air support will come soon, over.”

Prv. Alona „Widowmaker” DaVilla
„That’s not good enough, God damn it! We’re overrun by the zerg. Mostly air force and we do not have necessary firepower to keep up with their attacks. Please advise!”

*radio static is heard*

Captain Samuel „The Dog” Shepperd 
„There is no way this can happen faster. Hang on.”


Prv. Alona „Widowmaker” DaVilla
„Acknowledged. *pulls out the antenna from the radio and throws it. Joe looks at her* „I don’t think we’re gonna need radio too much: either they come quick or we die here.” *smiles and then starts shooting*

Corporal Timothy „Sandman” Banks
„We’re not leaving anyone behind. Understood?” *very serious and angry*

Prv. Joe “Slick” Astor
„Let me introduce you my C-14 modified riffle with U-238 tips, you freaks!” *screaming loud to the sky*

Wurms can be heard touching the ground over and over again. The mutaliks made a horrible noise every time they launched an attack. The gray sky made the flyers difficult to see, but the marines shoot as best as they could. Not far, zerglings can be heard approaching their position. Massive rocks and some tank debris surround the squad, making it a good place to take cover. The three moons light up the rocky mountains in the distant view. Zerg can easily be spotted coming down on it because of their very large number. It seems to be a grim situation for the terrans.

Prv. Alona „Widowmaker” DaVilla
„I’m running out of ammo. Only 100 bullets and those damn bitches still fly over our heads!”

Corporal Timothy „Sandman” Banks
„Make every bullet count then!”

Prv. Vladimir Cebirsev
„Take my gear. You still have plenty of ammo in it.”

*Joe takes Vladimir riffle and throws it to Alona*

Prv. Joe “Slick” Astor
„How are you hanging there, private?”

 *shoots a zergling that falls just next to Vladimir*

Prv. Vladimir Cebirsev
„I’m ok. Just stuck in this chicken shit outfit!” *laughs a little*

Prv. Alona „Widowmaker” DaVilla
„Incoming!!! Everybody get down!”

*two wurms came down just near Vladimir and Joe. The creatures started to move towards them but Timothy shoots them on sight.*
Corporal Timothy „Sandman” Banks
„Don’t make me do that again! Stay sharp!” *very serious*

            The marines shoot down mutalisks one by one and more of them came to attack. Zerglings started to reach them and they had to watch out for both air and ground attacks now.

Prv. Joe “Slick” Astor
„I’m all done. Switching to bayonet. En garde!” *smiles*

Prv. Alona „Widowmaker” DaVilla
„Jesus, Joe, we’re in the middle of getting our asses kicked. Shut up!”

Corporal Timothy „Sandman” Banks
„I’m out of ammo also. Bayonet it is. Alona, try to bring down more mutas, we’ll deal with the zerglings. Joey, watch over the private. We can do this people!” *plain serious and very confident on himself*

Prv. Alona „Widowmaker” DaVilla
„Sure, just do your part.” *rather unconfident but sticking to the orders without any protests*

Prv. Vladimir Cebirsev
„Thank you guys, but you can still make a run for it and save yourself. The LZ is not far. You don’t have to do this…” *scared*

*Timothy throws his weapon and goes to Vladimir. He picks him a bit up so he can talk face to face.*

Corporal Timothy „Sandman” Banks
„Listen up very closely, boy. You ain’t gonna die here, I ain’t gonna die here, they ain’t gonna die here! Is that clear?”

Prv. Vladimir Cebirsev
„But look how many they are…”

Corporal Timothy „Sandman” Banks
„Is that clear, private?”

Prv. Vladimir Cebirsev
„Sir, yes, sir!” *trying to show confidence but still scared*

            Zerglings quickly outnumbered the marines. Soon, the rocky ridges were full of zerg. Joe and Timothy fought with them, throwing them in any direction, keeping Vladimir to safety. Alona shot her last bullets but there was no use: more mutalisks came to attack. She also switched to bayonet and tried to fight the alien creatures. Unexpectedly, a zergling jumped over a boulder and put Joe to the ground. Alona reached her pistol and shot the zergling but another two jumped on her, making her fall down. Joe tried to get up, but other zerg jumped on him. Timothy tried to make room to kill the aliens but he was overwhelmed too. Vladimir was also surrounded by zerglings, which began to rip off his exoskeleton.
            In that moment of despair, a distant noise made its way. Suddenly, the sky lights up in balls of fire. Mutalisks fall to the ground almost incinerated. The Zerglings raised their head to see what happened and then all of them retreated. After them were hellion vehicles. Vikings then travel the sky over the ridges the marines were pinned down. Support finally came, saving the squad.


Hyperion’s Shuttle Bay
07:06 Ship Hour

*a big hangar with many shuttles in it. Many large machines transporting cargo and very much noise. People are very busy. Squad One and Vladimir disembarks the shuttle which evacuated them. They are awaited by Captain Shepperd.

Captain Samuel „The Dog” Shepperd 
„Corporal, come over here now!” *very angry*

*Timothy approaches him. He is smiling*

Captain Samuel „The Dog” Shepperd 
„Who authorized you to leave your position and head so far into enemy territory?”

Corporal Timothy „Sandman” Banks
„No one, sir. I did what I had to do. Private Alona and Private Astor followed my orders. They are not to be implicated in this.” *very calm*

Captain Samuel „The Dog” Shepperd 
„I’m sure of that. Listen, boy. I know it was though on Tarsonis. I heard all about that. You are a survivor. But first of all, you are a marine! You do as you are told by your superiors and you never question their orders.” *very angry almost yelling at him*

Corporal Timothy „Sandman” Banks
„You say you heard about that? Request permission to speak freely, sir.” *acting seriously*

Captain Samuel „The Dog” Shepperd 
„Request granted, corporal.”

Corporal Timothy „Sandman” Banks
„I was part of the strike team led by Sarah Kerrigan herself on Tarsonis. I had a firebat suit then. When the zerg overwhelmed us, I was among the lucky ones who didn’t blow up in those things. We requested evac over and over again until there was only me. We were caught off from our commander, Kerrigan, who went further on high ground so she could signal our position easier. But in the end she disappeared too. This ain’t about me being a survivor. It’s about knowing how it is when everybody leaves you behind. I wasn’t going to leave him behind *points at Vladimir* even if I were to die trying to reach him. But you were going to. Why?”

Captain Samuel „The Dog” Shepperd 
„His squad was presumed dead. He was in an ineffective CMC suit. He had no chance. We cannot risk other lives for him and you know this too!”

Corporal Timothy „Sandman” Banks
„Bullshit! Then, what makes you better then Mengsk? He left us behind, too.” *yelling and very mad*

Captain Samuel „The Dog” Shepperd 
„That’s enough, corporal!”

Corporal Timothy „Sandman” Banks
„Only the zerg march in great numbers. Those who die, die. It doesn’t matter to them, they have a mission. We are Terrans, for crying out loud! We’re different!”

Captain Samuel „The Dog” Shepperd 
„I said enough, corporal. Your case will be investigated in the briefing next hour to see whether you are suited or not to be the leader of this squad. Until the investigation is over, you are relieved of your command. Understood?”

Corporal Timothy „Sandman” Banks
„Yes, sir.” *looking contemnfull at his captain*

*walking towards the corridor seal, where Joe and Alona awaits him*

Prv. Joe “Slick” Astor
„What was all that about?” *very confused*

Corporal Timothy „Sandman” Banks
„Nothing. Just nothing.”

*he walks down the corridor and punches the wall really hard*

Prv. Alona „Widowmaker” DaVilla
„If that’s nothing... I don’t wanna see what’s something...” *looking long at Timothy*
Quarters of Squad 1 aboard the Hyperion
09:15 Ship Hour

*Vladimir buzzes at the intercom and Joe opens the door for him. In the room there was only Alona, who did not pay attention to the guest. She continued cleaning her gear.”

Prv. Vladimir Cebirsev
„Is Corporal Banks around?”

Prv. Joe “Slick” Astor
„No... he went awol right after he handed over his exo in the armory.”

Prv. Vladimir Cebirsev
„I wanted to thank you guys for coming after me. And especially him for bringing some sense into me back there. I lost it...” *a little bit ashamed*

Prv. Joe “Slick” Astor
„No problemo. Glad to see you’re okay. How’s the head though? *he looks and sees some stitches on the back of Vladimir’s head*

Prv. Vladimir Cebirsev
„Just a bruise, but you know doctors...” *smiling*

Prv. Alona „Widowmaker” DaVilla
„Hey, Joey, enough with the chit-chat. We have work to around here. Oh, it’s you. *looks at Vladimir.* One question for you: what were you doing so far out the perimeter? Our mission was to keep the zerg away for the miners to get that pockets of minerals and then leave. You were more than 25 klicks away from your designated waypoint.” *very suspicious*

Prv. Vladimir Cebirsev
„As I already said in my report, when we got to the designated waypoint we got a distress call from what appeared to be a tank. The distress said there were 5 people stuck in a tank and attacked by the zerg. We reported to the captain who gave us instructions to approach them with caution. When we got there, it was an ambush. It seems the zerg tempered with some radio equipment and brought us there, where we were pinned down rather easily and quickly...”

Prv. Alona „Widowmaker” DaVilla
„Zerg tempering with equipment. Come on. Be serious. Who heard such thing? They’re animals. They do not posses intelligence...” *not believing what she heard.*



Prv. Vladimir Cebirsev
„All I know is we got there and we had no chance. Thanks to you I am here telling the story... I have to go now. I have a briefing to attend to. Send my regards to the corporal. God speed.”

Prv. Joe “Slick” Astor
„Take care of yourself. *looking at Alona* Strange, don’t you think? Infested terrans could do that, maybe...”

Prv. Alona „Widowmaker” DaVilla
„Infested terrans mutate and are abominations. They don’t think, Joe. Listen to what you are saying... We are fighting them for almost 5 years. Nothing changed.” *confident*

Prv. Joe “Slick” Astor
You’re maybe right. I’m just stressed. *thinking about Alona’s dreams*

Prv. Alona „Widowmaker” DaVilla
„Let’s head to the cantina. We deserve a drink after today. *smiles and grabs Joe by the shoulder, leaving together*

Hyperion’s Cantina
09:34 Ship Hour

*The cantina was almost full. Timothy was sitting by the bar and taking in account the great number of empty glasses, he was here for a long time. Joe and Alona go sit next to him.*

The Bartender
„Can I get you guys something?” *talking to Alona and Joe*

Prv. Alona „Widowmaker” DaVilla
„Two double whiskeys, cutie.” *winks at him*

The Bartender
„Right on it.” *smiling*

Prv. Joe “Slick” Astor
„Timmy, are you okay?” *worried*

*Timothy was watching into his empty glass holding it very tight*

Corporal Timothy „Sandman” Banks
„Let it go, Joe...” *serious*

Prv. Joe “Slick” Astor
„You’re drunk... What happened? What did the superiors say?”

Corporal Timothy „Sandman” Banks
„I said let it go.”

Prv. Joe “Slick” Astor
„Common man. What’s the deal? We are supposed to be friends on top of everything.”

*Timothy gets on his feet, grabs Joe by his neck and throws him in the middle of the cantina. Then he pulls him up*

Corporal Timothy „Sandman” Banks
„Friends? You, son of a bitch. I thought we were friends until I heard you were under my command to observe my behavior and report to the command.” *very angry*

*throws him on a table, which breaks into pieces. Joe’s head is bleeding. Alona sits back, watching them fight.*

Prv. Joe “Slick” Astor
„You were one of Mengsk’s men. They had to see if you were a spy or not.” *screaming to him and reaches his head, figuring out he is actually bleeding*

Corporal Timothy „Sandman” Banks
„A spy? Are you out of your freaking mind? I was left for dead! You saved me back on Tarsonis and you believed I was a spy?” *astonished of what he heard*

Prv. Joe “Slick” Astor
„I didn’t believe that, man. But I had my orders...”

*Timothy picks Joe up and punches him back to the ground*

Corporal Timothy „Sandman” Banks
„Being a marine is more important to you than doing what is right. *calm now* I tried to make it up to you for saving me. I stood besides you every single time. And now... I hear this...” *disappointed* „You don’t know how hard is to feel betrayed. I was left for dead back on Tarsonis. I survived two bloody weeks in that hell only with a riffle, bayonet and eating whatever I found. I had no sleep there because the sons of bitches crawled beneath me and I had to shoot every damn place. When I saw you coming and asking if I’m alright I almost started to cry because I thought I was dead. People live together, Joe, but they die alone. However, I thought we will be together both living and dying. I really thought we were like brothers, not friends... much more than that.

*Joe gets back on his feet.*
Prv. Joe “Slick” Astor
„I am your friend...”

Corporal Timothy „Sandman” Banks
„I don’t know about that anymore.*goes to Alona and gives her his corporal ranks.* The captain demoted me. Congratulations, mam. You are the new corporal of Squad one.”

*Timothy leaves the cantina. Everybody looks at Joe who tries to dust off his clothes. Alona is confused and does not know what to believe.*

Prv. Alona „Widowmaker” DaVilla
„You got it coming, Joey. I told you he will react like so.”

Prv. Joe “Slick” Astor
„I hope he’ll get over it. *angry on himself.* Maybe I should of told him about my orders. He is my best friend...”

*Alona looks at her new ranks and smiles. She changes the subject.*

Prv. Alona „Widowmaker” DaVilla
„So... I am the new corporal... I always thought you would take the lead of the squad.” *happy with a big smile of satisfaction on her face*

Prv. Joe “Slick” Astor
„Then I had to argue with me and mock myself over every order. No, thanks. Go woman power!” *laughing*

*the bartender comes back and serves the drinks. Alona winks again and smiles*

Prv. Alona „Widowmaker” DaVilla
„Back to your quarters, private. I have a briefing to attend to.” *smiling and blowing a kiss to the bartender, who was delighted of Alona’s interest*

Prv. Joe “Slick” Astor
„Gimme a break. You have those ranks for ten seconds and...”

*Alona cuts his words*

Prv. Alona „Widowmaker” DaVilla
„That’s an order, marine!” *very authorative*

Prv. Joe “Slick” Astor
„Jesus. Go women power… Yey…”
*Joe leaves the cantina and Alona looks back at the bartender. The two seem to have a good time together.*

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu